• FAILED to adopt a blood samples act to protect Correctional Officers from significant exposures despite a commitment in writing by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau;
• FAILED to repeal the definition of danger contained in C-4 and revert back to the previous encompassing language to protect the health & safety of federal Correctional Officers despite a commitment in writing by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau;
• FAILED to implement Bill C-62 which would enable Correctional Officers to regain the full ability to negotiate and choose a preferred dispute mechanism should they reach an impasse at the next round of negotiations;
• FAILED to warn and properly consult with Correctional Officers before announcing the introduction of a PNEP (Prison needle exchange Program) that presents safety, operational and ethical issues for officers working behind the walls;
• FAILED to fix the Phoenix pay system and pay Correctional Officers properly;
• FAILED to recognize a death benefit for Correctional Officers families should they die in the line of duty while performing their duties like other Federal public safety officers.
For the reasons noted above, UCCO-SACC-CSN will boycott the Public Service Awareness week from June 11 to 17, 2018. Our members want to ensure the Trudeau government is aware of its FAILINGS and lack of follow through on several issues important to Canada’s 7400 front line Federal Correctional Officers.
Your Local, Regional and National Executives